I’m very pleased to announce that CBMTG will be the first association in Canada to launch on Sosido Networks, an application which allows members to connect online with each other and with knowledge sources that are important to their practice.
We hear regularly from CBMTG members that they want better ways to communicate between conferences. We think Sosido provides tremendous potential for collaboration in the Canadian BMT community, and important support for the cross-disciplinary work that is the foundation of CBMTG. We’re pleased to be able to offer it to you, and look forward to your feedback.
Thank you to Roche Canada for providing a generous grant to make our launch on Sosido Networks possible.
The Sosido project is run out of Vancouver and led by Tanis Steward (who has worked with CBMTG in various ways since 1998 so will be a familiar face to many of our members). The project will be overseen by CBMTG’s Multidisciplinary Committee, chaired by Linda Hamelin from Ottawa.
Tanis will be working with an Early Users Group to get feedback on the network features. An invitation to participate in that group will come out shortly. As the first association to participate in this project, CBMTG has a great opportunity to influence how the network is developed – I encourage you to participate and to share your opinions about how the network can be better. Sosido will be available to all CBMTG members in the spring of 2011.
On behalf of the CBMTG Executive Committee, I wish you and your families a Happy New Year. We are looking forward to an exciting 2011 for CBMTG!
Ronan Foley, MD, FRCPC
MORE ABOUT SOSIDO …
- You will receive live feeds on key knowledge sources important to CBMTG members, e.g., articles in press from BBMT Journal, updates from ASH, advisories/recalls through Health Canada, etc. CBMTG will set default feeds, then you can add or change feeds to fit your practice and your interests.
- You can choose to follow events, resources or members then receive updates on their activities.
- You can discuss practice issues: post questions for specific groups of members, provide answers and participate in polls. You will be sent a summary of all new activity on your discussions.
- You will receive a regular email summary of activity on the network, including updates from your knowledge feeds, and events, resources, members and discussions relevant to you. If you don’t have time to check the site, anything that’s important will come to your inbox.
- Next steps: An Early Users Group will be formed in February 2011 (invitation to follow). For more information on the Sosido project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.